Supervised Outdoor Visits
Families and Friends,
you are aware, the MOH has announced visits can begin on June 18th, 2020. While we have been proactive in realizing the
importance of our residents seeing their loved ones, we need to make a few
changes to bring the visitations up to the MOH’s guidelines. Please note that visits may be cancelled at
any time due to inclement weather or to meet the operational needs of the home.
ask that you consider your personal health and susceptibility to the virus in
determining whether visiting is appropriate.
When it is not possible for an in-person visit, we will continue with
we are in outbreak, all visitations will be postponed until we are out of
than a drive-up visit, we will be designating three outside areas for you to enjoy up to a
30-minute visit with your family member.
(Kingsway will not be opening its doors to inside visits, but please
- Please book an appointment to visit by calling 519-284-2921 (ext.
237) or emailing [email protected]
- Each resident may receive one visit with one visitor per
week. (if it rains it will be cancelled
and you will have to schedule a visit the following week)
- The 30-minute allotment will include 5 minutes to bring the
resident to the visiting area and 5 minutes to return the resident to their
- The visiting area will be cleaned and disinfected between
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to go through the screening
process on day of visit
- You must attest to
Kingsway that you have tested negative for COVID-19 within the previous 2 weeks
and subsequently not test positive. Kingsway is not responsible for providing the test. Family members can call the Stratford
Assessment Centre Booking Line (9-5 Monday to Friday) at 519-272-8210 ext. 2747
- Visitors are to ensure physical distancing (2m/6’) with staff
and residents while here.
ask you to please follow the
steps below to ensure a safe visit:
- Go to the sign saying ‘Family Visiting Area’
wearing your face cover
active screening with successful pass result.
Active screening includes temperature being taken, various questions as
well as attesting to Kingsway you have had a negative test for Covid-19 withing
the previous 14 days.
- Clean hands using the hand sanitizer provided
- Wait for staff member to invite you to the
- Visitors are responsible for bringing their
own face covering for outside visits. (if you do not have one please let us
- Do not bring pets or any outside beverages or
food items for your loved one
- Any packaged items that you would like to
leave for your loved one should be left with the Screener
- Do not physically embrace with
your loved one. Please ensure that you are following physical distancing
guidelines and remaining within designated area. Failure to do so will result
in your loved one being in isolation for 14 days and a COVID-19 test completed.
Future visits may be discontinued
- After blowing nose, touching eyes, mouth,
coughing or sneezing and at the conclusion of the visit, clean hands with the
hand sanitizer provided
- Exit the home’s property immediately at the
conclusion of the visit.
- Any non-adherence to these rules will be
the basis for discontinuation of outside visits.
will be as follows:
There will be three slots available per visit
on a first come, first serve basis:
Monday – Thursday
10:00, 10:30, 2:00, 2:30, 3:00 and 3:30
Tuesday 6:00 and 6:30
Sundays 2:00, 2:30, 3:00
you have any questions, please speak to the Visit Supervisor on duty.
your visit! It is great to see you again and we hope to continue to move
forward to opening our Home safely to further visiting in the coming weeks.
*PLEASE REVIEW OUR OUTDOOR VISIT