Outdoor Visiting Guidelines
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of our residents, families, staffs, and visitors remains our top priority. The presence of family and friends is an important source of mental and emotional strength for our residents and we recognize that nothing replaces an in-person visit. The following guidance supports safe, socially distanced enhanced outdoor visits.
What you need to know:
- Outdoor visits are available only when the Home is not in outbreak.
- Visits will be scheduled when the home is not in outbreak Visits will be pre-scheduled: call 519-284-2921 ext 237 or email: [email protected] to book a time
- We will do our best to accommodate requests, however we also need to ensure every family has an opportunity to visit. Frequency of visits will be based on equitable access.
- One family member at a time/visit. POA/SDM will determine who visits.
- Visitors must be 18 years or older to ensure precautions are followed.
- All visitors will be actively screened, including temperature checks
- For everyone’s safety, anyone who is on self-isolation, being tested or positive for COVID-19 should not visit.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE – e.g. masks) must be worn if you do not have one please let us know.
- Must have tested negative for Covid-19 within the previous 2 weeks and subsequently not tested positive.
- Except for service dogs, animals should not accompany visitors.
- Visits are currently accommodated in the designated areas where weather permits.
- Please note, if the outdoor visiting guidelines are not followed, and the resident develops COVID-19 related signs/symptoms, they will require swabbing and be placed in self-isolation for up to 14 days.
- Visit the Huron Perth Public Heath website: www.hpph.ca for
more information on Covid-19 or https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/video/covid-19-wear-non-medical-mask-face-covering-properly.html.
During the visit:
- Please wear a facial covering and keep mask on at all times.
- Follow hand hygiene (handwashing or use of hand sanitizer) procedures. Complete when entering/leaving the designated visiting location.
- Staff is available to escort you to the designated visiting location if required.
- Please do not pass along anything, such as food or letters, to your loved one or staff.
- Always keep minimum distance of six feet from others, including your loved one
ANY NON-ADHERANCE TO THESE RULES WILL BE THE BASIS FOR DISCONTINUTION OF VISITS
To clean hands properly, rub all parts of the hands and wrists with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water. Pay special attention to fingertips, between fingers, backs of hands and base of the thumbs.